With these cars I can’t just do one write up and done; have to do it in stages.
You will probably see the engine light or have power issues throughout your time with this car HOWEVER the power and thrill of it just makes it all worth it!
So back to the topic at hand, we have made the wastegate bushes and with great success we have not had to replace the complete turbo’s
No power / engine light on & off
Fault on car:
Boost pressure too low, loosing boost through the constant movement on wastegate and slight rattle on wastegate
- We remove the turbo’s
- Fit the wastegate bush precisely made for the correct clearance
- All the gaskets, seals & bolts will be replaced
- We clean the turbo housing and set the position of the vacuum accumulator
- We refit
- Cheaper than replacing both turbo’s if it’s just the wastegate rattle
- Tune-Tech once again changing how things get done
In concluding this little PSA here is a Side note:
If you do the wastegate bushes with down pipes and software – you save on the labour
We get 150NM of torque gains 60KW – stage two with downpipes and turbo wastegate bush replacement. Sorting out the wastegate bush pushes up the Torque.
First rule of fight club…haha
I mean first rule of any performance car;
DO NOT DO SOFTWARE WHEN THE CAR FEELS UNDERPOWERED OR ENGINE LIGHT ON.
SORT OUT ALL ISSUES AND GET THE CAR RUNNING PERFECT STANDARD